Thursday, June 25, 2015

Overnight oat

I was feeling really flat for the first few days of fasting. Either I didn't wake up for sahur due to problem with my handphone alarm  or I did not have any appetite to eat heavy food. I can only took 3 dates and two glasses of plain water and it almost make me nauseous.

Last week I saw FB newsfeed about overnight oat. So, why not give it a try for sahur. While I was in Australia, I often had Carman's muesli and milk for brekky. But Carman's muesli quite expensive here. Starting from last year once a while I take rolled oat, raisins and almond flakes with milk for brekky. Anyway I had this overnight oat for sahur starting from monday and it seems to boost my energy and not feeling hungry quickly. On monday I stayed up till 2.30am to prepare the course material and wake up for sahur at 5am, then I slept till 7.00am and once at work I can really focused to finish up preparing the material till 5pm...Alhamdulillah.

This is my version of overnite oat.. rolled oat, low fat milk and natural yogurt.


To add flavour and crunch,  I mixed it with assorted dried fruits such as raisins, apricot, cranberries and dates and almond.


As a result ....


Sometimes I add red apple as well











No comments:

Post a Comment