Thursday, November 3, 2011

Apa rasanya bila kena reject ???????

Bila cerita pasal berpacaran (guna ayat Remy Ishak ahaks...), have you ever been rejected by somebody or rejected somebody? But, this cintan cintun thingy is not the topic of my entry today. It is about this....email from my spv

Friday, 21 October 2011 5:30 PM

hi F,

Not so good news. I think you should send the paper to Journal of P.......

Cheers,

N


Together with that she forwarded this email :

Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 5:48 PM
Subject: Decision on ........ for Ch........

Manuscript number: c....
MS-Type: Article
Title: "Mo................"
Correspondence Author: T............

______________________________________________________

Dear Dr. T......,

Thank you for your letter and the above-mentioned manuscript received on 30.08.2011.

We are truly sorry to have to inform you that we are unable to accept your manuscript for publication. Our initial impression was that the manuscript might be more suitable for a theoretical c... journal. The fact that we have sent your manuscript to several of our regular referees, none of whom were willing to referee this manuscript for C......, confirms our initial impression. We are sorry that you had to wait so long for this decision.

We are truly sorry that we cannot at this time give a more positive reply and we sincerely hope that this will not deter you from submitting further manuscripts to C....

Sincerely yours,

Dr. G.........




Huhuhu....
If you were me, what would you do ????
Would you feel upset?
disappointed?
frustrated?
As for me, I couldn't deny I had all three feelings....
It was heart wrenching the moment I saw the word "not good news".
It just like my life was shattered into pieces :(.....................

But I know that I can't drag that feeling for long times.
I should move on.
I have to accept it, whatever happened is happened.
Thing happens for a reason.
I should be grateful too, at least I got 2 papers published already.

Rejected by one publisher :
doesn't mean it can't be accepted by another publisher.
doesn't mean my paper is not good, maybe it just about sending to the right journal.....

This rejection shouldn't end my journey but I should make it as a challenge to work smarter and produce better article......and should be more careful to choose the suitable journal and referee too.....as long as I keep on trying to submit it and improve the paper.

Well actually it is easier said than done....
How people accept certain thing and deal with it is different.....
I know that I am not a strong person....
Of course I could not avoid feeling down and it affected my mood to do my work and writing other paper at that time...
But as time goes by, I know that I should listen to my inner voice .....
No point of wasting time doing nothing but thinking about the rejected paper.

Alhamdulillah, I managed to go thru that 'tough' time and got over whatever bad feeling that I had. After nearly a week of "shift petang-malam" at uni and sleepless night, finally on Tuesday 1 Nov 2011 10.30pm I submitted the first draft of the fourth paper to my spv. So, Wednesday was my day off from work and I really enjoyed watching Renovators week 9-11.....After enough break, tonight I should start planning the rest of my journey here and for tomorrow I should submit the rejected paper to another journal ;).....

So just be POSITIVE....NEVER NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Positive thinking is not about expecting the best to happen,
but it is about accepting whatever will happen is the best.....

No comments:

Post a Comment