Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Good Friday, Makan Day and Baking Day

It was Good Friday and it was a holiday......

But why it is called Good friday ?
From wiki :
Good Friday (from the senses pious, holy of the word "good"),[1][2] is a religious holiday observed primarily by Christians commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death at Calvary. The holiday is observed during Holy Week as part of the Paschal Triduum on the Friday preceding Easter Sunday, and may coincide with the Jewish observance of Passover. It is also known as Black Friday, Holy Friday, Great Friday, or Easter Friday,[3] though the latter normally refers to the Friday in Easter week.

Hmm..whatever...As long as we Muslim believe that Jesus(Isa) is God's messenger and he was not crucified. God raised him up to heaven. I remember that one of the Saudi student asked our english conversation teacher, why it is called Good friday when it is supposed to be Sad friday....terkedu cikgu tu hehhe. The same goes when he asked the teacher why Easter is associated with egg and Bunny. Yup, normally our christian friends don't know the reason :)....My friend's spv said it a symbol of new life....Korang nak tau, sila google ya...

So, how I spend my day on Good friday?
I planned to go to uni and prepared my lunch pack. When I went upstairs it has already 11.15am...Hehhee...so I cancelled my plan. And just did my work at home.

At 5.45pm me and my housemates=kanda, Indian, American and Philipino hmates went to have dinner at Thai restaurant..Our german hmate went to Melbourne..

We ordered fried rice to be shared. And each of us ordered the main course separately, but of course we shared that too. I had fish fillet in chili sauce...Yum...mine was the best.

Other food was quite bland for example grilled squid..Ohh..we really shocked to see that fried rice was aud27. We thought it only cost aud17 for 5 people...The price was ridiculous. I never thought it is really expensive..Yup maybe previously either our accommodation manager paid for our dinner our my spv treat me lunch there...In fact we have to pay extra aud2.50 each because it was public holiday....Huish! Why they charged us for that...It is opened, that was why we went there. It was not the other way round where they have to open because we want to eat there....

Then later instead of went straight to home we went to the beach. It was full moon, just in case they have the drumming festival...

Yup people was playing drums and fire woods nearby the beach

My Indian housemate wanted to go to the beach, so I accompanied her...from behind hehhehe.....She was so brave to play with the water even though from far I could see big waves coming............
Memanglah dalam gambar tak nampak omabk besar...tengok tu the tide is raising so fast....sibuk posing tetiba air dah sampai situ hehhee.....


who else...yours trully ;)On saturday we gonna have another activity. I didn't know what to bring. Belek2 my recipe folder, ternampak biskut samprit. Then turun bawah, tengok semua bahan ada. So that nite, setelah sekian lama I started baking again :). It was so hard to press the mould..nyesal buat, baik buat kek je. Guna mixer, masukkan batter in the tray and terus humban dalam oven. Mungkin coz aku tak timbang main agak2 je sukatan, maka I didn't get the right consistency for the dough, so bila tekan tak cantik bentuk yg keluar selain putus-putus..I gave up and rolled the dough flat and cut it to rectangle pattern. Sesudahnya I only slept at 1.20am. Tu pun my Indian hmate help me hehehe...Ni je tinggal serdak yg tinggal on Sunday afternoon..........

Kesimpulannya sedaplah tuh, my biskut samprit. Kalau tak silap recipe taken from MakLang Azie's blog. Kanda yang memula tak makan pun, sekali ambil 3 keping hehehe. My Indian housemate 2, 3 kali jugak asked my permission to eat that biscuits. Dah letak atas dining table..so just feel free to eat :)).........

No comments:

Post a Comment