Sunday, August 12, 2012

Mengidam crispy onion rings

While watching tv on friday nite -10/8, there was a promo showing Anthony Bourdain having burger with onion rings on top. Well definitely right after that I was craving for onion rings. So, I surfed the recipe in the internet. Since I didn't have bread crumb to get fast food franchise style, so I opted for the simple recipe from Martha Stewart.



Crispy crunchy onion rings
Source : http://www.marthastewart.com/856761/crispy-crunchy-onion-rings

Ingredients
  • 2 large Vidalia onions, cut into 1/4-inch rings (I used 3/4 onion)
  • Vegetable oil, for frying
  • 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (I used 1/2 cup)
  • 1/4 cup cornstarch (Yup I used 1/4 cup...gara2 malas nak keluarkan yang terlebih)
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder (1 tsp)
  • 1 teaspoon coarse salt, plus more to taste
  • 1 1/3 cups ice-cold water (1/2 cup cold tap water)

Directions

  1. Place onions in a large bowl filled with cold water and soak 10 minutes.
  2. Heat 2 inches of oil in a deep, heavy-bottomed pot to 365 degrees.
  3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Whisk in ice-cold water and place batter bowl over a bowl of ice.
  4. Drain Vidalia onions and dry thoroughly between layers of paper towels.
  5. Working one handful at a time, dip onions in batter, allowing excess to drip back into bowl, and gently place in oil. Fry, turning once, until crisp and golden, 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined tray to drain and sprinkle with salt to taste.

The verdict ?
Absolutely crispy and crunchy as its name. Well this recipe is a keeper :). So perlu tayanglah lagi la kan

Before that for iftar I had telur masak kicap and goreng bilis berbawang bertempe. Satur dah habis so, perlu lebihkan bawang and tambah cili untuk kehijauan ;)


That egg supposed to be for my sahur. But I didn't wake up huhuhu...and of course kanda didn't knock my door either :(...

The day before, I had the leftover food for iftar :)


 Tumis and sambal ikan nasi kerabu, balsamic vinegar chicken and tomato in air asam.

For iftar yesterday I had nan bread with mint sauce and bombay beef and lamb rogan josh.


 Oklah, perlu mendobi selain thesis pun dah mula jeling2 manja hehhee........



No comments:

Post a Comment