Saturday, March 3, 2012

Be Kind, considerate or stupid....

Case 1

On Tuesday 21th feb, we got new housemate from India. She talks so fast and of course with her swaying head....At 9pm she asked me whether I go to uni or not on wednesday and if i do she wanna join me. So yup kami janji nak pi 9am. Then when I was watching tv with kanda, she join us..Huish berlawan-lawan suara dia dengan kanda, suara siapa paling kuat n high pitch hehhee....She complained that American housemate kind of cold to her but she kinda like german housemate yang very nice and welcome her in our unit.

On wednesday morning, i didn't notice her at the bathroom nor at the kitchen. I guess she maybe tired. My american hosumate said to me that the indian girl easily panic the day before. she only late to enrol for one day only, nothing to worry. In fact she kinda did not understand why the american and the german girl do not go to uni on wednesday. So they kinda irritated with her. Come on this is orientation week...No wonder she came to me ...

So exactly at 9am, i knocked her door and as what I thought she overslept. So I waited for her to get ready in 15minutes...Biasalah depa tak mandi pagi kan....Then I companied her to enroll. the problem is she didn't get the info of where to enrol. I mean she got the info about building number but not exact location of which office/room or lab. I kept on asking that. But she didn't even check her documents. So we went to the lab and only to find that the staff asked us whether she already got the enrollment form. Well we have to go downstairs again to get the form from the main office and of course we have to wait until her ticket number is called. Later, she should go to the school. So off we went to the school. Unfortunately the academic adivisor was not around so she didn't know what paper to enroll. But the AA assistant told her that she should enroll for the core paper first and then make appointment for the advice for elective paper. So she went back to the lab to enroll....I just wonder why she didnt even check what paper to enroll before came to OZ...

Later at 3pm, we promise to meet at the library. But she nowhere to be seen. after few minutes, she came and asked me to wait and she get back to her friend. So I have to wait around 10minutes. Previously I promised her that I'll show her way to city.

But then, she asked about her accommodation payment. Since we just nearby the student central office i suggested that she should pay it right away...Unfortunately we have to wait for nearly 30minutes, but still the staff didn't know when will our number will be call..so off we go to city....

In woolies, she wanted to buy bread, milk etc. So she got a choice to buy woolies fresh bread or from other brand. I said to her if she want it to last longer better buy the brand such as Tip top etc. So we went to that bread aisle. But of course it too much for her since 2 big loaves for $5. She only need food for two days since she will go to her cousin house on friday. When i asked her to just buy the mini bread she didn't want. She wanted to go back to the bakery...But she was like...this one is hard, i want soft bread. This one too much...end up she didn't buy that...

Then the milk..i asked her which one she prefer the long life milk or fresh milk. So I showed her the devondale brand which cost aud1.49 for one liter. But she wanted milk with flavour. then i said that we just go to the fresh milk aisle i'm sure nearby that they got choc milk too...She keep on asking me about the other milk nearby the shelf of long life milk. I said I don't know about that brand, never try that. when i read, it is soy milk...aiyo minah, kalau nak tau ko baca lah sendirikan...then off we went to fresh milk aisle. So i showed her the fresh milk and the choc milk too. She asked me which choc milk to buy...I said i never buy choc milk. then, she said that she also want to buy plain milk. Pulak dah, memula tak mau. So i asked her just go and look at fresh milk fridge. Again she asked what brand to choose. of course i prefer Pura or Dairymilk. But of course i can't afford that, thats why i chose the long life milk in fact it last longer..not that long actually only 2 weeks. Tapi tu la takkan semua nak bagitau. Just beli je la dulu mana2, kalau tak suka nanti jangan beli....Lepas tu tak kata banyak sangat pulak. Kalau tak mau yg 2L belilah yang 1L. Pun tak mau. So aku suruh check je la fridge lain in case there is smaller size milk...Pulak tu tak boleh decide yg saiz untuk sekali minum or 2 kali minum....grrrrrrrrrrrr...

then time to go home. I asked her whether she prefer to walk home which only take 15 min or to get on the bus. Of course she prefered to get on the bus. So, if we want to get home quickly we have to get the B bus. But she want to get on the D bus so she will know where to get off from the bus from uni the next day. How selfish huh. I said to her we are close to home why we need to get on the bus from city to uni then to home while we can get the B bus which directly to home which take less than 10minutes only. if we take the D bus it will take about 50 minutes or more. Grrr...

Once we are on the bus standing nearby the drive, she said "lets take the next bus, this is crowded". I lost my patience and said firmly "we are already on the bus". Then later she said that she wants to join me if i walk to walk by the beach. Since I came back early, of course i'll walk by the beach in the evening. Guess what, we went to rock pool...she just sat there playing with water, While I was like a fool wandering on the rock waiting for her for nearly 30 mins.........Who suppose to follow whom????

When we were coming back from the beach, she dropped by at the senior student house to complaint about the plug point. Later, the senior came and said that the girl is driving her crazy...She kept on knocking the door and the senior who busy writing her thesis became irritated. The she went to indian girl room to check the point and later went back to her home. Suddenly the indian girl asked me to come to her room to see the light at her laptop. Once she push the plug attach to the international adapter at the power point, the light become green. If she didn't push it hard, there is no light. she said that when the senior were there the power is ok. but when she was not there is was not ok. She wanted me to be the witness as the senior kinda thought that the indian girl is crazy. So i suggested to her to just change the adapter or use another point. She said that the second point did not work too. So i asked her to check the third point. so we have to drag the table from the wall in order to plug in the adapter. It worked...hmmm...Then she asked me to push back the table. Grr..When I stop she asked to continue doing that with the voice tone like giving instruction. You know what I don't mind helping people..but i don't like when people instruct me or take me for granted.

Then on thursday she asked me "You should explain to me this cleaning duty". I said to her it is all there. She was curious why somebody cancelled the american name in the table and put her name there. I said to her, everybody have to do the cleaning duty. So the first week should be the american girl, kanda and philipino on duty, the second week will be the german girl, her and my turn. Previously we do that according to the room number because it only 5 of us and i prepare that to till end of mac since we are informed that we will get new housemate on april....
she wanted to follow me again to uni too..so i said i may go to uni around 10.30am. When it 10.30am i went to the kitchen and she nowhere to be seen but luckily her room door is open. So while i preparing my lunch pack I just pretend to cough as a sign i'm ready to go...But still she didnt come to kithcen. Then I open the door and sit on the chair while wearing my shoes. Suddenly she appeared from the bathroom holding her lip gloss and said that "Call me when you are ready". So I said "I am ready". And she went back to the bathroom and keep me waiting...so I went out of the house and purposely closed the door quite loud. Just my tactic to let her know that I'm in hurry...Then she called me and said that "I am going with you". I said "I know, thats why i waiting for you outside". If you were her what will you do? Of course you will grab your things and don't want me to wait again...Hmm..I have to wait for her again, of course it is only 3-4 minutes..but still i have to wait grrrrrrrrrrrr................

while we are the way to the bus stop, she asked me ..."should i bought the text book before the class start?". Come on you are a qualified dentist who has 1.5 years experience....Do you have to ask me that question...........

When i met kanda at uni, she told me that the other nite the indian girl said that every household should have a domestic help. No wonder this indian seemed to dependant on others since because she used to have helper and also this is the first time she been away from home. Kanda also said that she told the american housemate of what has happened to me the previous day. the american girl said that we are not her mother.....Actually, I didn't like when i told somebody about something, then that somebody told another people about that and making comment....If you do not want to help people, it is ok...but pls do not judge other people who want to help somebody.

Malam tu, masa aku dan kanda tgk deperate housewives episode 3, dia pun tetiba join. Bila kanda tanya kenapa Carlos jadi pemabuk, I said I dunno maybe due to guilt of killing his wife's step father...Si Indian ni tetiba said No!!!...Dia kata Carlos bunuh dlm season 7. I cakap la i tak tahu season berapa Carlos membunuh, tapi in Australia it was last year season. Bila aku google memang Carlos bunuh dalam season 7...hish dasar.....

then dia datang camna nak isi our accomdation form. So aku kata just tick wherever appropriate. Tetiba dia cakap but the clerk ask me to fill in all space...habih tu yg ko tanya aku pehal....

then dia cakap pasal the previous nite rumah sebelah buat party kuat, harapnya next week tak bising camtu. then kanda smash...kalau nak complaint pi je la rumah depa tu. Dia cakap dia tak complaint, she just telling kanda dengan suara tinggi...Hah padanlah muka dua2..kanda yg smash orang tak tentu pasal, dia pulak orang baru dah berani mengganas juga...Lantak la korang gaduh hehehe......

Case 2
My friend asked me to bring the conference proceeding to uni. Since I didn't go to uni on friday the 24th and thinking that she need it urgently, so I planned to scan the pages and email it to her. Unfortunately, my scanner was not functioning that I have to surf thru the internet tried to figure out what is wrong and trouble shoot the prob. I did that nearly half of the day...Then, suddenly I realised that why I gone thru all this trouble just to help people....I mean it is ok trying to help people but do not ever forget my responsibility as a student...


Case 3
Later that afternoon, another friend contacted me. I almost like wanna ignore her because I feel that she only looking for me when she needs me. She is the one who likes to complain and blame her boss every time we meet or chat. Suddenly for more than a week she kept silent...Elok jugak kan, tenang hidup aku. But, I was worried about her too and kept of sending her several messages even though she did'nt reply, not even once...

But yeah..you know me, mudah kesian kat orang..No matter what people done to me in the past...So I agreed to meet her somewhere because she wanted me to help her with her work progress n plan...And guess what, most of the time there I have to listen her complaining about her boss again. And I couldn't stand it any longer and again I told her to let go of the past, just focus on the current situation....So I grabbed a piece of paper and draw the table for her and ask her what had she done for her studies. So I listed down her progress. When I asked her what she plan to do next, she didn't know... She has already had one conference paper...So I asked her is there anything that she wants to extend from that paper. She said that actually she is not really understand of what she did and thought that the literature and the data are not enough...So i told her, that could be in her work plan which are find more literature and find suitable data...But yeah...when I suggested something she kinda argued it and then out of sudden talked about her boss again...grrrr....Previously when the school not really respond to her, she complained. Then, she was given 3 options for her studies, it is up to her to choose...still she complained...What else she wants? She want to SACK her boss...yup...I'm not joking ........

Then she prepared the work progress and plan and submitted it. Now is the time that she should focus but still she unsure about her research gap, research question and method.... I really really pity her. She didn't want to see her boss, so who else will help her? So yeah, sometimes while I was doing my work or watching movie, I surfed thru the internet searching the article that may relevant to her work and forward to her....Last weekend we discussed about her research question and method and yesterday we continued doing that. Until we both become confuse hehehe....

And yesterday she drove me crazy...She didn't know which method to choose..of course the most suitable to her research question la kan..as long as she can justify why she wanna use that method...I forwarded to her one article and suggested to her to read the research question and method. You know what she asked me.."How to report literature review ya? " Later she said that the method used in that paper is not the same as what she wanna do. Come on read that article properly...In fact the method used is in the title of the paper. Then dia bising camna nak dapat data so this is my answer " kalu u tgk this paper in a glance the LR is more like explanation of what is what...and the method is review the document and classify it in the table". Lepas tu dia tak tahu pulak how to choose the documents...Nearly 2 years ago, I have told her how to do that and yet she still asked me that question....In fact, in that paper stated how did they choose the suitable documents..When I repeated what I have told her before such as most cited papers, pioneer of the area and latest article or article in certain period of time and again she asked how, why again...until i become fed up and said go and see the librarian...

Did she expect me to explain everything to her?
I am not doing social science research....and I'm not her supervisor....That is why sometimes I have the feeling that no wonder she can't get along with her boss because she expect him to tell her everything. Hmm..but again I am not in her shoes...Who am I to comment and judge her. I'm still struggling with my study too....Of course student should be independant but the boss cannot let the student struggle and sink alone.............

Then she talked about wanna publish paper. So I said to her at her condition it is better to focus on her thesis first which of course starting from her research question that she still unsure about.............How come she publish paper let alone write the paper if she unsure about the research question...............No research question meaning no method meaning no data meaning nothing to write.............

update at 5/03/2012...
Minah tu Ym aku last nite, dia tanya camna nak cari reviewer for journal....so aku bagitaulah caranya...lepas tu dia tanya lagi, perlu ke contact reviewer tuh..masa ni aku dah naik angin, so aku suruh tanya editor, dia sibuk tanya pulak area aku camna...aku just suruh check requirement journal...lepas tu dia tanya lagi ada requirement untuk referee ke grrrr....Tak koso den nak jawab doh....Aku pun dulu problem nak cari reviewer, tapi aku google je la...Takkan semua benda nak tanya orang...


harini pulak dia bagitau dia penin pasal satu term tuh, senang ceritakan kita namakan A lah. Dia kata dia penin adakah A ini satu konsep B atau model. Bila aku google B ni satu framework so semestinya model la kan. Dan A adalah sejenis B atau subset B...So A mestilah satu model juga. lepas tu dia kata dia taulah framework=model...Habih tu kalau dah tau, kenapa nak tanya orang yang diluar bidang ko..................

So you see.....sometimes I should be selfish too and not to worry about other people problem...

Berkorban jangan sampai diri sendiri yang terkorban...

I mean I don't mind helping people. It is not about being kind or what but it is about be considerate of other people situation. But of course, there must be certain limit of helping and being patience...i don't like when people instruct me or take advantage on me or too pushy/demanded and selfish...I also do not like when people only come looking for me when they in need. I also do not like when people drag me into their problem too....

So lesson learned...try to avoid this kind of people, but it doesnt mean i don't want to talk to them but just don't let them use me for their own sake. If I don't like it i should just say so :)......And also i should be careful when i want to tell somebody something...I really do not like people yg suka jadi penyampai dan sesuka hati komen...

No comments:

Post a Comment